Monday, May 13, 2024

♫On A Country Road ♪ ♫ In Pennsylvania

My driving host was Maenad. 
She picked me up and dropped me off at the Philly airport. (1 1/2-2 hours each way!)

As if that wasn't enough she offered to take me to some quilt shops in Amish country.  That was a lot of fun!

The blog title is country roads.... that's no joke!



Our first stop, formally known as Weavers, now Lancaster Home and fabric.



We aren't in Oregon anymore!

She never minded stopping and letting me snap photos!

These look pretty easy to make, but no thank you.

The hat wasn't quite right either.

IN the town of Intercourse, PA







 


Burkholders. It doesn't look like a quilt store from this view. 
It felt a little more like a warehouse!



Another random shot.
Waiting to return to the airport on Wednesday I got a few photos of the farm I stayed at.
Love their driveway! 


These little guys were sure cute. They were curious too.


I hope you are enjoying the photos through my lens. I enjoyed myself immensely!




8 comments:

  1. i love going up there...less than 2 hours from me....oh burkholders...it's batik central....i spend so much time trying to decide which ones to get...the most i've seen in any store....i like log cabin too...and old country store...sadly zooks/sauders is gone...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those quilt shops look like so much fun! You must have added to your stash. How could you resist?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love ALL the pictures. Great way to spend some time away -- visiting quilt shops! Definitely looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like another beautiful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like another beautiful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a wonderful place to visit! Ironically, just yesterday, I received a fat quarter bundle of Poison Greens from The Old Country Store! This is the second time that I have ordered from them! My order always arrives in record time! So, glad that you had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful place to visit! Ironically, just yesterday, I received a fat quarter bundle of poison greens from The Old Country Store! This is the second time that I have ordered from them. I always receive the order in record time! I am glad that you enjoyed your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been in Oregon for many years now, but you're making me miss the Amish areas of Illinois. Oh, the quilts and the wonderful farms! You must be having a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!