Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Fabric and Island Life Part 3

This came up as a quilt shop, but it had a lot more! Fabric for quilting, but also fabric for home decor and clothing. 


It had a bit more square footage then the other two shops. (Check out the cheddar fabric on the right!)


Beautiful home decor fabric. 


And a lot more!
 



The beaches were lovely! 

The building you see beyond was our condo. They don't recommend swimming in many areas because of the currents. We watched fisherman almost every morning and saw young locals catching waves on the boogie boards. 

This was a weekend day at Poipu beach. Lots of families spending time together. 

And turtles chilling out on the beach.

We made a reservation and took a shuttle to a Haena State Park(Kee beach), and hiked into Hanakapiai Beach. 




We got there early before most people arrived. 

And here it is from above! It was a tough hike- 4.5 miles round trip.

In another area we found this aisle beckoning us!

To this amazing beach!

This is where I almost snorkeled right into a big turtle! 


Another fun little beach near our condo. 

I'd like to say the snorkeling was awesome, but after being in Tahiti this year, it was hard not to compare.

I loved Kauai and every was very nice and welcoming.  

What a beautiful island!





 

4 comments:

  1. I love all of your photos of the island! Everywhere you look there seems to be so much beauty. It looks like a good place to relax. I've always wanted to go to Hawaii my whole life but never got there. Thanks for all of your beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder where the turtles are in December? I didn't see any when I was there decades ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like it was a very relaxing time! I have been a few times to the islands, but never to Kauai.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an island paradise! I love the secret path to the beach, even if it was far. [I do recall in Hawaii being so disappointed that the sand is not fine white like we're used to, but the setting is superb, isn't it!]Great fabric store too, what a fun trip you had! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!