Monday, August 19, 2024

Island Life Part 2


I got the opportunity to also visit Kapaia Stitchery while in Kauai. Again the people working were very friendly and welcoming. 



There were many gifts, premade, to bring home to your home, or friends and family. 




I recommend this shop!

The floras in Hawaii (or almost any place tropical) takes my breath away! I've lived in the desert for 45 years and can never get enough of the tropic flowers and greenery. Very inspiring for quiltmaking for sure!













Happy Monday! I hope this was a great way to start your week!



 

6 comments:

  1. There is beauty everywhere. Looks like a nice getaway to the island. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful and inspiring flowers and other foliage! I love the pineapple quilt, about third pic down!

    Are you making the interesting softly colored applique quilt? It rather echoes the soft colors of your home high desert.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful I love the green quilt block and am crazy about all the gorgeous plants ! 💚🌿

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I'm a desert girl I can never get enough of those gorgeous plants!

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had a beautiful time. Hawaii is such a welcoming state. We enjoyed our 5 years living there. We lived on Oahu but made it to the other 4 major islands for vacations. You make we want to go back again. Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The roots growing down over those rocks really looks like modern art! Thank you for giving us these glimpses, mahalo! (I was there once, decades ago!)

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!