Friday, August 30, 2024

My First Quilt

Leanne Parsons from Devoted Quilter did a "First Quilt Interview" 

Gosh, it is always fun to look back and think about your first quilt experience!

You can see the interview here:

Here is my first quilt, sewn in a class with Jean Wells at the Stitchin' Post in Sisters, Oregon!



I always start my trunk shows with this quilt. 

This was my experience with Jean Wells in a nutshell!


I hope I emulate that when I'm teaching!

I hope you had a great week!




 

5 comments:

  1. No Quilt Police! That was how my 1st Quilt teacher was too. If you made a mistake, put a Button or a Yo-yo over it. Love the smaller block on there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing quilt! It could be old or modern—full of color, pattern, and carefree joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so much better than the run-of-the-mill sampler i started with...very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that your first teacher was so kind and supportive. And it's great how you persevered and continued to make quilts, each more beautiful than the previous--despite the distractions of being mom of two small kids. I can sympathize, for years I had only a medium sized basket for everything, I hid it under the dining room table. Mostly I just sewed at work after hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great "skill-building" first quilt. Sounds like you had the best kind of teacher. I need to check out your interview.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!