Monday, September 2, 2024

Midnight Sewing and Fun on Monday!


I stacked my "Etsy" store on one side of the spare bedroom as my sister and her grandson Zack were coming for a visit. I jokingly told him, "No quilting in the middle of the night!" (Note the bag of fabric rolls in the foreground)

The next morning he came down with these two, one was a conversation print with pencils! What are these? Can I have one? haha I asked my sister later what she thought he would do with it and she replied, "probably make a parachute" He cracked me up!

He loves Elsa. 

Some of what I've been up to:

Just finished a fundraiser online auction for Faith Seeds Guatemala. It was a success! These children are worth the effort!

I have a trip on the schedule to take with my daughter and thought I'd better get busy  getting my legs back into hiking shape. (Since the accident we may have to reschedule) :(

I did an 11 miler RT to Demaris Lake, Trailhead near Sisters. 



I arrived really early and only saw a 4 people on the trail. It was great. 


Went to an outdoor concert in Bend. WOW! Beach Boys were better than I anticipated. 

Nights in the high desert cool down. My puffy jacket was overkill, but sometimes you don't know how cold it will be when the sun sets. 

Cory, Elsa and I hiked a short overnighter to Upper Twin Lakes on Mount Hood. 

We are scheduled to do a longer backpack later this month adn wanted to test Elsa, as her age is catching up with her. She did great. 


We made it to another concert and this one was so much fun too!


Friday night before the concert we met the kids for dinner. It was really nice and was good to see Rene laughing and smiling. It was the best I've seen her in 5 weeks. I'm hoping she has turned a corner in her recovery. 
I've been making numerous trips into Portland, helping with paperwork, just chilling with her while her partner is away on an extended business. I'll be going back in as this week we meet with a lawyer to see how they may be able to help. 

The Humble Quilt quiltalong may be a tad later then usual, but I am at the quilting stage! It is called "Homestead". 

Let's all have a terrific week!





2 comments:

  1. If you'd had time, you and the little guy could have made a pencil case for back to school, with his purloined fat eighths, lol.
    It's lovely to see your daughter looking well and smiling. You have a beautiful family. Aren't the Beach Boys so fun! Retro but so many hot summer nights taking the kids to the ice cream stand in my first Jeep, BB loud on the?? CD deck?---good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun! Good for the heart and soul to be laughing and enjoying family. Mother Nature sure provided you with some beautiful sights. Looking forward to Homestead QAL.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!