Friday, October 2, 2015

More European Patchwork

 A family of Stars by Jaques Legret. Stars dating from 1870-2013 alongside quilts from his collection. (Amish and Mennonite)
 Many of these were for sale.




I actually didn't spend much time with the vendors. We browsed through but didn't see anything "new" or especially "European" that I had to have. 


Quiltmania
We went for lunch and browsed the list of vendors and saw that May Koval was the only ONE from USA so we made sure to go back and say hello. Rene and I both met Mary and her husband at Russian teahouse get together in NYC in 2011 for the Infinite Variety Quilt exhibit. It was nice to see her again.

Before I forget......
remember this box of fabric samples I won from Cyndi at Busy Thimble? I pakaged them up and brought them all the way to France with me, along with some other goodies from my sewing room for Cecile, Cristelle and Corrine. I hope they will have a lot of fun with them.

I'm having a heck of a time cathcing up on blog reading, so please know that I am reading, just not commenting much at this time.

Have a fantastic weekend! I'm running a half marathon and will be glad when I am not training any longer.

(((Hugs)))

16 comments:

  1. Such wonderful quilts by the Amish and Mennonite. I am always drawn to their styles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More lovely quilts. I am playing catch up too. I think I need to travel more often so I got better at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the photos ! The amish quilts are awesome as usual.....
    And yes ! We are going to have fun with your lovely presents !! Thank you again and again..... :)))
    Good luck for your half marathon !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, more pretty quilts. I especially like that first star with the terrific border!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilts! Thanks again for all the pictures>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, those star quilts! Very impressive work! Thanks for sharing your fun times. It feels like we're traveling along with you.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK now that I wiped the drool off my keyboard from that first star, I can say hello, welcome back, and good luck on your run! Thanks for sharing your adventure, looks like an amazing trip. Btw, love the silver garland hanging behind your head hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those star quilts are amazing--makes me want to sharpen by skills

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous quilts. Love the moody colours in the third photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you got lots of good photos and made some great memories! Good luck on the run!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Lori,
    these pictures bring back memories. Wonderful quilts too.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  12. More amazing quilts. What a memorable trip to share with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely quilts. Nice border on first Star. These are American quilts?

    ReplyDelete
  14. The quilts are gorgeous. Your trip must have really been fun. And you know Mary Koval, wow. I love her collection Edith. Your photos are also awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the quilt pictures! And I'm extremely impressed with your restraint in the vendor area. I doubt I'd have done as well. Love the picture of you with Mary! Good luck with the race. You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the log cabin quilt hanging behind you in the picture.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!