Monday, July 16, 2018

Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show

I look forward to the quilt show every year. When I volunteer it helps get me ready to see all the great quilts and "Many Hands make light work".  Sisters has many big events all through the year and this is one of the top events. The whole community gets involved.
The first 4 photos are ones I get of the town every year. They are trying to spread the quilts out and I don't think it is as effective as having many hanging close together



It's a darling town and we've been coming here for years. When we lived in Seattle and would come and visit my mom in Central Oregon we would make a day of visiting Sisters. It seems kind of funny now, but for a city kid this was a western town highlight!

Next are a few of my favorite quilts from the show.



 The quilting was phenomenal on this quilt!

This was perfectly pieced! I was blown away by it! You can see this one in the video I posted on my facebook group

 I'm not sure what drew me into this one.


This was made by Lawry Thorn who happened to teach the 2nd quilt class I ever took over 25 years ago!

I'll show a few more later this week.  Have a wonderful day.

17 comments:

  1. thanks for the virtual show! I've never gotten to sisters, so it was a treat--love those sailboats...such beautiful pieces...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the baskets quilt, the sailboats, and the blue and white (newsprint). Without going to any trouble to find the answer, do you have an estimate of how many quilts were on display?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow...that looks like so much fun!! I too wondered how many quilts were there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing these great quilts!!! glad you went and I am going to go one day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Dapper Time and that last blue one as well as the sail boats before it. Thank you for sharing all the pictures. What a wonderful show! PS. I figured out my sign on problem and can comment on blog posts again. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for showing us the quilts of this lovely western town. Love the dapper time, the one who desgined this has a creative mind. Kind regards

    ReplyDelete
  7. I especially love the Dapper Time, the basket quilt and the last one, but they are all wonderful. I stay inside when it's hot so I'm looking forward to some quilt shows closer to home this fall. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Had so much fun at Sisters, sorry we missed each other this time. I took Robin Long's two day Mariner's Compass class.... amazing!!! Can't wait to play! Dapper Time... incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm happy that I at least saw many of the ones you posted. Claire told me that that blue/white modern one was the best of show at Quilt-Con recently in Pasadena! Pretty amazing technical skills!
    It was great seeing you for lunch in the park--another of our wonderful traditions!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing these. It looks like it was a beautiful day :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I keep telling myself that one day I will make it out there for that show. But it never seems to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is wonderful that you can attend the show and that you have shared it with us, love being able to see the quilts.
    My favorite is the americana sailboats.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks very fun to me!
    I love Dapper Time, and the 9-patch quilt--also "Opposites", the sailboats, and the baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh all the quilts are stunning ! Thank you for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for sharing! I am loving the many quilt pictures I'm seeing crop up all around the Net!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing some photos of this incredible show! They're all marvelous quilts! Maaybe someday I can go too!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!