Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Cheddarback!

Gay is back with another Block of the month! This one will be mostly pieced and will last 14 months.

Get all the info HERE at Sentimental Stitches. 

You must go see the quilt and the backing!! It is in her collection and dates late 1800's. 

I had an opportunity to work on month 1 this past weekend. 


I do plan on getting some sashing fabric, but haven't made any decisions on that yet. 
I said mostly pieced because my ribbon block is ready to machine applique! 

It wasn't all smooth sailing......

This was Elsa yesterday- not sure what she was doing or why, but it sure looked funny! As I write this post (Tuesday evening) we are getting more snow. <enter sigh here!>

I hope you are having a fantastic week!


13 comments:

  1. Elsa is wondering where that dang rodent is that predicted an early spring...so she can eat him!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. My schedule is all mixed up this week so keep forgetting what day it is! They are cautiously talking about more snow here - ugh. Hope the thaw comes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see your Cheddarback blocks. It will be a fun project to work on with so many interesting blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks look so authentic! Love Elsa, surveying her snowy territory.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are beautiful Lori !
    For the first time I'm in too !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes indeed! I am making those blocks too...great fun! Love yours...perfect fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the rolling stone block. I checked out the quilt on Gay's blog. Looks very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have made a great start and look at all that snow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's 3:30 on Wed and it's snowing here. Good grief!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the way you jump right in! Great blocks! More snow coming your way??? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Elsa was communing with nature!
    I’m going to start Gay’s new BOM—much more my thing than appliqué. The first block decided me—I’d never seen rolling stone done with the middle column in a different fabric. Loved that and lots of other things about it too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is so much to choose from this year for sew-alongs, etc. Too much to keep track of. I don't know that I have time to participate but will enjoy seeing the blocks others make.

    ReplyDelete
  13. have fun with this new SAL - it is right up your alley for sure

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!