Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Not Spencer Museum Quilt Month 3

 Here is my 4th and final block of this quilt, which I found out has nothing to do with the Spencer Museum! LOL 

I had to play around a little bit, although June will be my assembly month.
Gold?


Blue?
It was a fun quilt to make. If anyone has suggestions for a name, I'm open to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check out Karen's blog HERE and Rebecca's blog HERE to see there progress.

Anybody else sewing along?? I want to make sure we see your blocks. 


Now, non quilty  blog news.

2 Christmases ago our employees got a gift certificate for the Cowboy Dinner Tree, dinner and overnight stay in a cabin.  (click to read more! So fun!!) We had no idea it was as busy as it is, so just got in this past weekend!

It was seriously rustic and in the middle of basically NOWHERE!

It was fairly high elevation and a bit chilly- Porter was really enjoying the pellet stove. 

We hiked a bit on the way there on Saturday, but were only a few miles from a trailhead to a lookout. Porter is 12 or 13 and has had 2 leg surgeries so we limit the amount of miles. 
We didn't go all the way to the lookout, but it was such a nice morning for a hike.




That's a bit of fresh snow that fell overnight. 


My public service announcement is to be safe if you are even day hiking! Be prepared for any event. 

Two years ago on the Columbia Gorge someone started a fire that spread quickly. A one mile hike for some in flip flops and bathing suits turned into an overnight 17 miles hike out a different path. Thankfully some people were prepared to share with others. I never go hiking without my 10 essentials now. Mine all fits in a small bag. (except the water) 

Friday we will be sharing our string quilts on a linky party!! 


6 comments:

  1. Those blocks are gorgeous! I vote for the gold. The Cowboy Dinner Tree sounds like a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blocks. Although I think I'm partial to the gold, the blue looks good too picking up the subtle accents in the blocks. Love seeing your hiking pictures and especially with your dogs. I know mine enjoys the fresh air and is always pooped when we get home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for the gold. Lovely blocks. Did anyone ever ask J Patek why she named it that? Maybe it was a fundraiser, or she was inspired by the big collection of Carrie Hall? blocks at the museum...it's a mystery. I'd love to know its backstory.

    Snow! And a darling tiny cabin with a warm stove. How fun! The doggies look happy! Porter does pretty darn good for a guy his age.Mo would expect to be carried and he is only 5,lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blocks - either blue, or gold. I admire how you incorporate hiking into your life! Your 'ten essentials' remind me a little bit of the "be prepared" mindset encouraged in Tokyo (in case of earthquake) for if the trains and phone lines go down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say gold stars at the sashing intersections. The snow picture with the trees looks like an old black and white photo, similar to an Ansel Adams (famous photographer who got in the Seattle Sunday Times every week... well one of the Seattle newspapers, when I was a kid!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the picture of you and the dogs but snow in May...brrrrr! Your sashing fabric is p-e-r-f-e-c-t.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!