Monday, February 3, 2020

Together Again February





 I have my top section pieced
And have my lower 4 blocks ready for applique. I had to piece a couple of them too. 

I'm going to start by adding the angel on the top section, then start pulling fabric for one of the blocks. I am really considering buttonhole stitch in black! (by machine) 

Have you gotten any fabric pulled yet?
PS, When I pulled out the angel pattern I was surprised at how HUGE it was! It doesn't look that large on the quilt.

There has been some talk about the difficulty of finding the book. I found a copy on ebay last week and let a couple of people know. Someone offered their copy on the Facebook group. One person who wants to do the quiltalong contacted Jan Patek and she thought she may be willing to publish the pattern. If you are still looking for the book, keep your eye on Ebay or Etsy and feel free to let Jan know you are interested in making this quilt but need the pattern.
If you told me you wanted to join in, but have changed your mind, please let me know. I have your names written down and will notify you if I know of one becoming available. 

Wow, here we are in February already! It is a short month, so let's get to sewing!




9 comments:

  1. I will not be joining after all; but thanks Lori. This looks like a fun project, but not for me right now;))) I'll be watching how it comes together--like your background choices a lot..hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be such a fun quilt. I pulled out my porch quilt I did a few years back when you hosted it. I still have some border appliqué so maybe I’ll try to finish that up while you are making this one 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabrics chosen from stash for appliqué & waiting for background fabric to be delivered. You’re off to a great start! Hoping I can keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hard not to start another with you and the group but simply going to watch and admire this year! I have also pulled out a previous Jan Patek quilt along you hosted to focus on as I watch.... (Front Porch, January 2017!!!) Absolutely love that quilt and memories of working on each section -- hoping to bring it to the finish line soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might have to resist starting too. It’s not set in stone yet either way.... I have a block of month I did with Jan a while back.... all but 2 blocks so I should focus there. But.... when I see all your gorgeous starts ..... who knows?🤪

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the four centre background squares cut to size and have the shapes for them drawn on iron-on paper. I’m going to do each block one by one and machine applique. Next job is picking the fabrics for each piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what is the name of this quilt? and what is the name of the book??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is TOGETHER AGAIN by Linda Brannock and Jan Patek...the quilt is the Anniversary Quilt.

      Delete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!