Tuesday, March 10, 2020

We have winners!


 Saturday morning I was on my way to a trailhead and there was SNOW about 35 minutes from my house!! What the heck was all that about??!!  This adorable green schoolhouse was the perfect place for me to stop and take a photo. Thankfully there was no snow where we were backpacking,,,,
although we knew it was going to get a little chilly. It was a good time for me to test out my warm wear in preparation for hiking in Peru.

Yes, my smart wool baselayer kept me warm even though it got down to about 27 degrees. There are train tracks right across the river- that wasn't so pleasant 3x during the night!! lol

This amazing church was in the middle of nowhere and I had to stop! Maybe the next time I need a place to photograph quilts I'll come here!! 

Nothing quilty going on today...but I do have winners of my giveaway!

Congrats to........


Lin McQuiston is the winner of Quiltfolk and Lucy Dufendach is the winner of Naive and Country Quilts!  Thank you all for commenting!!

Make it a great week!


10 comments:

  1. Both of those buildings are true classics. I do hope they are maintained somehow. You girls are far braver than I would ever be hanging out in those temps. Good on ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos of the schoolhouse and church. Just beautiful. Thanks fir sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is that church? Very picturesque!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo for Lin! That church is gorgeous and oh yes, it would make a great backdrop for quilt photos. Hope you enjoyed your chilly hikes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited I won. Thanks. Love the green schoolhouse and that church would be perfect for quilt photos. Camping out like that, I admire you. Give me a nice warm hotel room any day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to the winners! What a beautiful little church, perfect for a photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!~ That church is amazing! It looks like somebody has put a new materials on the roof and steeple. Maybe they are restoring it? I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the old school and church. Can't wait to see a quilt photo shoot results at the church.
    I have camped near active railroad tracks before--and after little to no sleep got up and hiked 20+ miles the next day. Exhausting! I feel your pain. Don't think I would survive that today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. completely love the church~~~ humbling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's the old schoolhouse in Shaniko. And that church looks familiar to me too. Great photos. Shaniko, the last I heard, was almost all owned by Mr Pamplin Jr. Very philanthropic family from just outside Portland.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!