Wednesday, May 26, 2021

One More Quilt Shop and A Volcano



When you see this it is a sure sign of QUILT SHOP ALERT! 


We followed the signs....


I kind of wish I got some of this beautiful fabric! 
To remind me of this epic site!! This beach is known for the turtles to come and rest and I was super excited they were there when we were!


Quilt Passions was the name of this shop. 











It was bright and cheerful with quite a few Hawaiian style samples on the walls. 

It is the only quilt shop I've been to that has a room dedicated to emergency supplies!
Lots of dehydrated meals. 

Water filters and other supplies as well. On an island with active volcanoes and tsunamis I think that is very smart!

We went to the petroglyph fields at the  Hawaii  Volcanoes national park.





Love the designs made by the lava.
Read more about the petroglyphs HERE. 


 KÄ«lauea Volcano was incredible!
Lots of hiking trails here too!

I hope your week is going well. 





9 comments:

  1. Isn't Hawaiian applique is such an iconic form of quilting for the islands? So beautiful!
    Looks like you found a fun and quirky quilt shop (seriously, emergency supplies? I guess they are filling a need, just interesting that it is being filled in the back room of a quilt shop). And you found the turtles! My daughter's family went looking, but I don't think they had that kind of success.
    Oh, I think I would love those petroglyph fields! If I ever make itover there, that will have to be on my list, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me so much of our trip to the Big Island. Unfortunately, I had picked up a bug on the plane and became more than ill while we were there. I still enjoyed the trip even with the maladies. Hawaii shops seem to have the most amazing batiks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you could order that turtle fabric online, it is fabulous!!! I once went to a Emergency Preparedness store that sold violins in the back. To each his own. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a spectacular vacation, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quilt Passions is a fabulous store. They also do quilt retreats - "Quilting on the Beach" in February and July. With the pandemic, they have had to scale back on them but I have been to several of them and they were great. Hope you got to see their quilt museum next to the store. Glad you got to see the turtles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to Quilt Passions several years ago. I agree that it is a great shop, and I strongly recommend it. I spent a small fortune there, and I still have not made all of the patterns and kits that I bought. They have a lot more stuff in their store than is on the web site. I would love to go back again some day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great quilt shop! I loved visiting the lava sites when I was there in the early 80s.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOooohhhhh! I need to get that turtle fabric. My 36 yr old grandson wants a turtle quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We hiked across Kilauea Volcano in 1987 and got certificates from Madam Pele to prove it! Ha! That is a wonderful island to visit!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!