Monday, September 6, 2021

Do you EQ?

I'm not very good at Electric Quilt program but use it a little, mostly for my quiltalongs. I like to see how it may look as an actual quilt and then I can change colors etc to make it closer to the original or closer to what I had in mind. 

I just found recently Electric Quilt has a really terrific YouTube channel. I think I will be referring to it fairly often when I need a little extra help. Find it HERE


Here's a few quilts I've used EQ for

Almost Amish. You can find this pattern by using the search box on the upper left. 



USED WITH PERMISSION FROM AMERICAN PATCHWORK & QUILTING®. ©2021 MEREDITH CORPORATION. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Strings Attached. You can find this pattern in the August 2021 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting


50 Shades of Brown was my 2020 quiltalong. You can do a search to find this pattern as well.

I'd love to know if you use Electric Quilt. Which version do you have? 

Because I am out of town until next weekend I am approving comments because of the recent uptick in spam. I will respond when I return to town and your comments will be published. 




 

8 comments:

  1. I've been using EQ5,6 & 7 and love it for many years now! I would get the newer version along with Blockbase+ but would need a new computer to support these new programs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just upgraded yesterday because 1) it was my birthday 2) I was alerted to a sale that ends soon 3) the newer version looks more friendly and I’ve never really learned to use my older version, which was a birthday gift from my kids years ago. So why not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder. I forget about that. I really need to get better at it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got EQ8 as a Christmas gift several years ago. I really wish it was more user friendly but once I learned most of the basics it has become an extremely useful tool. Most recently I've been using it for my round robin projects. I know there's still plenty for me to learn, though, so I'm very happy to learn (from you) that they have a YouTube channel. Thanks, ever so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never owned or used EQ. I like to say I use "EQ Unplugged"--graph paper and pencil. I am so old school! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tengo EQ7 lo utilizo mucho a pesar de no hablar ingles, he conseguido manejarlo, como puedes imaginar el rendimiento no es el que debería pero me conformo con lo que puedo hacer
    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to have EQ, my blog friend Penny in South Africa has rescued me with setting layouts using her version. That said I don't have much problems with visualizing a quilt, as this was a skill learned in garment design. Your quilts are beautiful examples of using the program tho.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have EQ8. I won it in a giveaway. I find it a bit difficult to learn but they have good tutorials on their blog. I also bought several of their books which help a lot. I am used to drawing on graph paper which I think hinders me to a point. I would rather be sewing than playing on a laptop.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!