Friday, September 3, 2021

My New Old Bernina

Last month while giving a class online one of the students, (hahaha, she was much more experienced than me!) She mentioned she used to have a Bernina 830 Record. She used it many years until it wore out! She loved it and had some extra feet that she had with her machine and wanted to know if I could use them. I had the one foot that came with the machine and purchased a 1/4" foot that has the edge on it. (not my fav but all I could find) 
Beth was so generous! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

My package arrived this week and I had a chance to check it out closer. 

This will be helpful! 





For free motion quilting! Whoop! Whoop!


<Squeal> Even a walking foot for quilting!

Now, when autumn arrives I'll be ready to start sewing more regularly!

I'm backpacking all next week. I may try and post a few times but I will be making comments by approval only.  I've been hit by spam frequently lately and I will not have access to delete them. 

Take care and be well.

 

4 comments:

  1. What a treasure trove of feet for your machine. That was so kind of your "student" to share them with you. Oh, I love my walking foot for straight line quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful and generous of her! Know you will enjoy using these new items...hugs for a fun hiking weekend...Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beauty! I have the same machine, inherited from my Grandma. I learned to machine quilt on it, in the 90's. I hope you love it! Quiet and sturdy. Foot #37 for the win, for piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great gift! I have a Bernina 930 Record and it only had one presser foot... I have looked for more, but they're hard to find....

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!