Monday, February 7, 2022

Friendships and Quilting


Whoop! Whoop! Next month my friend Laurie and I will be travelling east! The New England Quilt Museum will be one of our stops. It just so happens my friend Barb Veddar, will be having her quilt exhibit displayed there at that time!! 
Photo from NEQM

We look forward to seeing antique quilts- Tree Motifs from 19th century through today will be on exhibit as well.

 We have a few other stops, including Busy Thimble (appointment is made) and
Rocky Mountain Quilts, 

Cynthia notified me that the Maine quilt shop hop will be going on and Barb said The Quilted Crow is a nice quilt shop stop. I've heard talk of Marden's. We both love antiques and vintage quilts, so if you have a recommendation for either, please drop it in the comments or send me an email at HumbleQuilts@gmail.com

Feels great to be thinking about traveling somewhere! Friendships and quilting- a great combo!

13 comments:

  1. How exciting!! It will be wonderful to see Barb’s quilts displayed at the museum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo what a fun trip and I wish I still lived there and could meet you in person! Quilted Crow was one of my go-tos for so many years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to see Barb Vedder's quilts in person. Remember, it will be cold in New England still next month and possibly snowy. Sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Travels with a t Quilty Friend. At first glance I thought oh, she's doing the Boston Marathon, lol. A quilt Museum/shop marathon sounds way more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I am excited for you! Hope you have a wonderful time. Has only been 6 months since I was there, and I wish I could be back there again to see Barb's show--and visit Cyndi and Wendy again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW I am very excited for the two of you...Quilts and Friendships...nothing better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - one special, wonderful day. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like you have booked the biggies....well there is mike's pastry in boston's north end...but portsmouth fabrics is another good shop/stop...

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like a great trip. I have never been to The Busy Thimble shop so I'm very jealous!!
    The other main exhibits at the NEQM are fabulous. I got to see them a little early.
    Have a great time I still might be able to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how exciting! I would love to meet up with you when you go to Cyndi's. She is only about 35 minutes from my house. I am so fortunate to have her for a friend. I hope we can make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting!! Have a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so jealous! I love New England and I've visited the New England Quilt Museum and would love to visit it again, especially with Barb's quilts on display.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Barb just Zoomed a presentation with The Applique Society. She was WONDERFUL and so inspiring. It sounds like you & Laurie will be having a fabulous trip with so many things already on the agenda.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!