Monday, May 8, 2023

Mahvelous Monday!

And here we are again on another Monday! I've got a little of this and that to share this morning. 

An oldie but good in my possession! Not sure what I'll do with it yet. 

And these! Sold on Etsy this weekend. I remember these prints well! I wonder if we will ever get these style of prints designed again  since the Civil War seems to be controversial these days. 
Thank you to all who made purchases from my Etsy store! I appreciate you all very much!

Bohemia flour sack. My friend Laurie uses them for backing and that was/is my plan, but although faded I am hesitant about cutting it.  

These are a little smaller.
What would you do with old bags?

I was able to get into Portland and go hiking with my daughter! 

Fairy Falls with iphone long exposure. 

Behind us is the iconic Multnomah Falls. 





 


5.7 miles with good uphill, downhill, 5 waterfalls and delicate early spring forest flowers!

Next week we are chasing wildflowers. The gorge is in full bloom right now!

7 comments:

  1. Interesting fabrics, beautiful spring on your part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I love when I see flour sacks used in quilts, but yes the graphics often wash out. The inks were intentionally wash out / removable for the use in sewing, tho now we want to save the printing and graphics. I rinse mine in Retayne, but then the chicken poop stains are set in too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful patriotic prints!
    Oh, those bags! I have several similar ones from both El Salvador and the U.S. Some are a little coarser weave so I wouldn't put them on the back of a quilt but maybe use them for dish towels or to make a utility bag. But I can't make myself cut into them! Isn't that crazy?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three of those Civil War prints are from a line of fabric I colaborated with Marcus Fabrics on for the New England Quilt Museum. They are based on a Civil War soldier quilt in the museum collection. The toile was designed by combining inscriptions and drawings that are on the quilts' blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Nike says... Just Do It! (flour sacks) I love waterfalls! I need to do that hike. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made dish towels out of my flour sacks and the smaller ones as well. They dry quickly and shine things up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Multnomah Falls! We've hiked part of them twice now while visiting our daughter. I think the flour sacks are really interesting. I've never seen any up close.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!