Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Little Quilt and Baskets

 

Here's Janny's little quilt made from my "new old quilt" You can see it HERE. Each version is so adorable!

When I did my Bounty of Baskets workshop last month one of the ladies (I am so sorry I cannot remember who brought them) shared her string baskets from a class she took in Sisters.


Because one of my workshops is Bounty of Baskets and one is String Quilts Your Way I was inspired to make a string basket!!


I hope I can spice it up a little a liberated style border. It falls a little flat for me right now.
But I love to give quilters options!

Where I like to go berry picking there is a place with beautiful views. I go there every year! On the right, Mt Hood, to the left in the background, Mt Adams. 

And way back there Mt St Helens!

I'm having a great week and I hope you are as well!



3 comments:

  1. Love the little quilt! And lady's bright string baskets. What a fun idea. Maybe i can work that into my planned string quilt. [if only I can figure out the no-pattern GM way of setting, always baffles me.]

    Your version is sweet, you could app some holly and berries and make it be a tiny Xmas quilt?

    How are your chigger bites?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I head north to go grocery shopping in the "big city" if the air is clear I can see Mt Adams. Coming home at just the right time of day on rare occasions I can see it in silhouette and once in a while Mt Hood too! WAY off in the distance. Love the little wonky humble quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great string basket and incredible photo of Mt. Hood!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!