Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Reproduction Fabrics Quilt Shop

One last stop on our Midwest road trip. We didn't plan it perfectly because we ended on Labor day weekend. We had to make hard choices, go to Wisconsin and hit JJ stitches and Country Sampler or Minnesota to Reproductionfabrics.com.  Margo's shop in Northfield, Minnesota was the winner hands down. I was so thrilled to be visiting! I have used her site to learn so much about historic fabrics. I recently saw her Youtube video Cottonopia








This was made with 3" stars. Don't you just love it?!

Margo gave us the pattern as soon as she saw us admiring it. 

The photos are in order of how I took them. Small but mighty shop if you love reproductions!






Margo was so generous with her knowledge!
She shared with us about the indigo prints using these amazing blocks. (more details at the end of this post)




Cute little quilts here and there.


Mickey and Margo. Both were the sweetest and so kind!

And we did laugh quite a bit when we were there!


She gave me quite a few hand outs and I called her to make sure I could post them here. 
Scroll to the end to see a little of my purchases!





She asked me to make sure 18th century French illustrator, Diderot,  got credit for this drawing. :)






I picked up a couple packages of scraps! (big surprise, right?) See the two strips of floral on the left? They were in the trash! I did ask permission to take them! hahaha

It was really so much fun. We spent a little over 2 hours in the shop and we never felt any pressure to purchase or leave! They were both just very wonderful people! 

If you are ever in the area I recommend a stop. (call first)

I hope you'll check out her website (linked at the top) and her YouTube.  (linked at the top)

And if you need one more reason to go to Northfield, MN. 


I'm putting my Etsy store on vacation mode starting Friday. If you've had your eye on anything this week would be a good time to purchase! I've got a lot of new used  quilt books and new fabric, mostly reproduction.  I appreciate you all so much! Thank you!


15 comments:

  1. I've been to Northfield several times and never knew about that shop. How interesting!! My next trip to Minneapolis will require a stop in Northfield.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best shop... EVER!!! I had a great time, on this trip. What next????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oohh pea green here....lovely acquisitions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only this shop had been in existence during the years I lived in Northfield---only about 4 blocks from this building. Or maybe it's a good thing it wasn't! We might not have been able to pay the mortgage, lol. thanks for the pics. I'll surely look up her Youtube videos and website.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful find when you found and introduced us to this shop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never been to that shop...but next time I go to Minnesota, I will have to make it there! And if you do the Wisconsin trip someday...if you have time, add Ye Olde Schoolhouse Quilt shop(lots of reproduction fabrics!) and the Quilt Museum in Cedarburg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to return! Thanks for the heads up!

      Delete
  7. Ohhhh I love reading your posts... what a wonderful trip ! Thanks for sharing ! (and today, I can write a comment without any difficulty... ) !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been shopping at Reproduction Fabrics for decades, mainly online but always make it a point to stop in the shop no matter where. I use to go to her Bozeman shop and before that it was online. Margo is the kindest, generous quilter I have ever met.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an interesting post, am definitely going to order some reproduction fabrics from this shop. Thank you for sharing the pictures and information.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful shop! Any chance you could get her permission to share that quilt pattern with us as well? It's just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been to Northfield once because my grandson went to college there, but I didn't know there was a quilt shop or I would have checked it out! It was April and there was a super blizzard with snow going horizontal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful stop on your roadtrip. These ladies are so knowledgeable. I always enjoy poring over the website and learn a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! what a wonderful shop. I've ordered from them on line but I would love to visit them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great shop and adventure! I lived only 30 min away for 4 years but didn't know of it. In fact, I started my quilting journey in Minnesota but only went to the local shops. I will enjoy her you tubes.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!