Monday, January 29, 2024

Uptown Complete!


This was my first completed quilt of 2024! 


I made the blocks a little smaller than Gayle's original quilt. My blocks finish at 11.5"
It is still a good size quilt that measures approx 81"x 65"

I used Pepper Cory's shot cotton for the green setting triangles and the blocks background. I love the look, but it does tend to ravel a bit if you handle the block too much. 

I had a lot of cheddar solid and opted to use that on the back. 


Feels good to have this one completed!


After the big snow and ice storm we are having a couple of days to tease us about spring. 
We hit the trails for a little bit because I know Old Man Winter is on his way back soon!

Let's have a terrific week!


11 comments:

  1. Oooh! I love the cheddar as the backing to your lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice finish....i believe winter has left the building here in MD. after two weeks of it, now into pre-spring temps...8 or so weeks to cherry blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one beautiful quilt finish, Lori!! I love the flowers with that lighter green for the side setting triangles...lovely work--hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! A fabulous finish and a great start to the new year! Barbara S. (still having a problem commenting via Google.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's GORgeous!! I love the green for the setting triangles and the orange binding. They frame the quilt so beautifully. Awesome job! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annette from Sisters, ORJanuary 30, 2024 at 6:56 PM

    A truly fabulous finish....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Finish!! Love the cheddar back. Your on a roll!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful job, Lori! The green setting triangles really make those lovely blocks shine.
    Speaking of shine, looks like you had some beautiful sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This quilt is just stunning! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I ordered a backing fabric and it arrived yesterday. I'll be adding borders to size my Uptown up. I too had smaller blocks than the original plan. I have to say I just love that cheddar binding on yours too. Oh my! Stunning! Great first finish of 2024. Perhaps a harbinger of things to come this year????

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!