Monday, February 12, 2024

Log Cabins and More

While we were retreating we decided to make a quilt called Lone Cabin. It is in an old book Red Wagon Originals- HERE You can get it for a few bucks but be prepared to work with older and primitive patterns. 

Below is how my cabin went together.



I made mine first and suggested to the others to cut the strips a tad wider.


The directions say to applique that vertical strip. 
My log cabin needs a real contractor! hahaha

I unsewed below the door and sewed the bottom in. 

Complete! Definitely prim!

Christy's cabin

Carrie's cabin

I made a quick trip to Tacoma area and although I got stuck in rush hour traffic, I got to enjoy this amazing sunset!

Game day brought fam to the house. Elsa is a big lover of kids! She was happy to play with them. 
What a Super Bowl game! I was rooting for the 49ers, but OT in a Superbowl is something else!

Let's have a great week!

 

14 comments:

  1. What a great log cabin--I was able to snag a Red Wagon book on Amazon--I love that pattern--so prim...
    Such cute kiddos--;))) I see Elsa is "guarding" them ;))) Dog and kids--what could be better...
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Humble Cabin. Made with lots of sweetness. Loved seeing the others too. Looks like my kind of neighborhood! What a good dog Elsa is -- watching over the kids. Precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your log cabin, went to Amazon and put the book in my cart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori tan bonita tu casa, tengo este libro hace años , esperando hacer estas casas¿cuando llegara ese día? buena semana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your logs!! Chiefs fan here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Log Cabin! I know I have that book and will have to get it out and look over the pattern and probably add it to my long list of quilts I would like to make!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a snowy day in PA. I just pulled all my old Red Wagon pattern books to enjoy with hot tea after I finish shoveling. The log cabin is great, primitive improv at it's best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annette from Sisters, ORFebruary 13, 2024 at 7:31 PM

    This post motivated me to pull out my Red Wagon book to make a cabin as well. Finally found it today so plan on making it sometime this week. As I reacquaint myself with this book, I will say that quilt book instructions have come a long way in 30+ years....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Even the primitive ones have improved!

      Delete
  9. Oh, I love this block! I knew I'd been saving plaids, homespuns and checks for a reason! Ordered the book on Amazon :) Thanks! Barbara S.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great looking block! Love the string look so much!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow the book is hard to find in decent condition. I just want the log cabin.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!