Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Road Trip.... Paducah or Bust

First stop, Nashville!
We got in last so had a good night rest before exploring. 
We opted for the hop-on, hop-off bus. 

So interesting to see this in Nashville!
The Parthenon in Centennial Park, Nashville, Tennessee, United States, is a full-scale replica of the original Parthenon in Athens, Greece. It was designed by architect William Crawford Smith and built in 1897 as part of the Tennessee Centennial Exposition.





Cumberland River. (Now I want a selvage that says Cumberland!)

The Pickers Nashville antique store.

Marathon Auto Works is a large cool building that houses many little shops and antique displays.



Antique Malls were high on our stops!


"Last Train to Clarksville" is a song by American rock band the Monkees. It was released as the band's debut single on August 16, 1966, and was later included on the group's self-titled album, which was released on October 10, 1966.





Driving through Dover, TN and saw this amazing painted quilt! 

Backyard Fabric in Mayfield, KY was GREAT! The day before Paducah show was our day to see as much as we could! This was our first stop. 


The white building in the center is the shop! Cute, huh? 
Hancock's of Paducah! I was actually surprised to see that many quilters in town on Tuesday before the show. 


This is a "quilt" made of wood! It is in the lobby of the quilt museum. That's the next post. 

I hope your week is going good. 
I let the Facebook group know there are new fabrics and vintage quilt blocks on my Etsy shop. Take a peek if you'd like.

Several of these are already sold out! Sorry!

This is just a sampling of what I've been putting in the store. 









 

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful road trip ending in Paducah! I hope you liked the quilt show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patricia E Campbell in AZMay 1, 2024 at 10:13 AM

    Oh my goodness Lori!!! My Daddy lives not 45 minutes from Paducah! He goes to dinner at a GREAT restaurant in Mayfield called The Majestic - if you get a chance! I'm sure many of my relatives will be there! 😂 I sure wish I could be there at the quilt show! My Momma went many, many years ago. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had an amazing time! Lots of food too, but we missed the Majestic.

      Delete
  3. What a great trip!! I have a craving for a roll!!
    You took some great pictures, thanks for the Monkeys song!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see you ininventing yourself as a Quilting Road Trips entrepreneur. How I'd love to do a trip like this if only in my imagination. Thanks for sharing.
    I m so sad I missed the neon seaweed fabrics.

    izzy

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!