Monday, October 14, 2024

Homestead- Finale 2024 Quilt-a-long


 


Here is a tiny part of the binding of the original quilt. 

I neglected to get a shot of the backing. I do know I love to find a surprise print on the back of antique quilts.

Here is my surprise backing. 


Here is the binding I used.


Here is the antique that you may be able to zoom in on and see the quilting.


I stitched in the ditch (by machine) around the 9 patches, green squares and setting squares.  Then hand quilted a 2" grid through the entire quilt.


It is your quilt, finish as you'd like. But as a new quilter I disliked reading "quilt as desired" so I like to give ideas.


Make sure to add a label, then enjoy your little quilt!

I'll set up a link party in a couple of weeks so we can see all the quilts in one place. There are some beauties I'm seeing in the Facebook group!

Thanks for sewing along.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!