Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Aurora Colony Museum and More...

Along with the Aurora Colony Quilt Show, quilters donate to fund the Historical Museum. I am usually not at the show opening weekend, and I think that is why I found some amazing deals!!

Oldies but goodies reproduction pinks. (these for $2!)

Lovely red and black repros! ($3!)

Here is a lovely purple toile piece I picked up too. I asked about it on the facebook group and it was reproduced by Sharon Yentor of In The Beginning Fabrics. Isn't it lovely?! I rarely find good deals, so I will tell you I paid $1.50 for it!!

 

Here are a couple of great books I picked up for my fundraiser book sale. (I finally found out the trip will take place in December- such a wait! to Dominican Republic)

Of course there were beautiful quilts and the ones I like the most are vintage! More of those on Friday!
We took the scenic back roads!! The mountains are beautiful right now.
We had a few other plans so we made a weekend trip out of it! Its always fun to meet my kids in the city and try out new-to-us restaurants. We went to Guero and it was delicious!

 Rene and Ken have birthdays about 2 weeks apart, so we used this as a time to celebrate them! They are both amazing adults with big hearts!!
I thought I'd try out some new backpacking equipment. LOL

We met some friends for dinner then attended  this concert! We admit to seeing them a few times in the past- the shows never disappoint!

I knew I needed to get in one last long speed walk before the race so we stopped on our way home at Trillium Lake. After parking and walking a short distance this is what greeted us!  It sure helps when the scenery is amazing!

Some of the trail around the lake is on a boardwalk through thick forest. I may try and do one more hilly walk, but for now I'm as ready as I am. My first leg is a slow uphill for 5.2 miles- thankfully it will be dark o thirty so I won't even see that I'm on a hill!! LOL 

I couldn't be happier with the outcome of the Almost Amish sewalong! I haven't seen one quilt that I thought wasn't top-notch!! I love them all!! Thank you all for sewing along! I'll plan on having a linky party of October 25th so we can see them all. Your quilt doesn't have to be quilted to join in!

I hope you are having an amazing week!!

23 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness -- that picture of Lake Trillium!!! You certainly scored on your shopping too. So nice to have a fun, unplanned weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of good oldies in your finds! I have that Yenter panel in pink and am using it in a medallion that I started in a long-ago workshop with Gwen Marsten. I'm thinking I might highlight some of the flowers with embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fabrics--those dbl pinks are just gorgeous hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beauty; from fabric to forest! Thank you for sharing. Have you ever tried running on boardwalks through the forest? Its the best (for arthritic knees and hips). It cushions the impact.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great finds! I too like to "donate" to get great bargains.
    beautiful photos - wow!!~
    also Foreigner is one of my all time favorite rock bands.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some fabric oldies are timeless. I admire your hiking stamina.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We'll be in Portland next summer. Lake Trillium looks like a destination!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW !! Those fabrics... and the prices !!! Oh la la...
    They are all stunning !
    Great picture about the mount Hood ! (I hope I'm right). It's really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some great fabric finds! Beautiful snow-capped mountain scenery! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful fabrics, and at great prices. More pretty photography. Looking forward to the Almost Amish link party. 'Got mine all finished yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those beautiful fabrics! I see a pink quilt in our future....Love the scenic photos, the country road in its fall glory is lovely.

    Good luck on your race.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your new fabrics are wonderful. Especially the toile piece. I don't ever remember seeing one like it before. I am guessing it came out at the time I was living where repro fabrics were not available.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, love those reproduction pinks! And all the rest. Very fun find! Lovely scenery in your area of the world.:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really want to go to Aurora!! Remember when we met there? I have gotten some good bargains there in the past, so I hope there will still be some when I go. BTW, I had a piece of the toile in blue and used it on something eventually! You are a glutton for punishment! I'm sure the amazing scenery does help. Just seeing Mt. Hood from here once in a while makes my heart sing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post! You did get an amazing deal on the fabric and the photo of Trillium Lake was really beautiful! Have a great, safe trip. Looking forward to the link party for the Almost Amish quilts,that was a fun sew-a-long! Enjoy the week-end

    ReplyDelete
  16. You scored some gorgeous bargains in Aurora! Especially love the toile, they're so hard to find, especially around here. Looking forward to seeing the quilts from the show, I enjoyed our time at Aurora when we lived near there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great fabric finds--that toile is gorgeous, and to find it in purple was an extra bonus, IMHO.
    How could your kids not have big hearts? Look who raised them!
    The shot of the lake is breathtaking. Haven't been to that lake--maybe it needs to go on the list of things to do in Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love those repro pinks. You got some good deals. Beautiful natural beauty too. Looks like some fun times. Seeing your Foreigner pic somehow made "Jukebox Hero" pop into my head, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, great fabric finds! I think I have a piece of that toile. Love your outdoor photos of Trillium Lake. The name of our street is Trillium Way :) You have a beautiful family :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Did you ever score some great new to you fabrics!! Gorgeous scenery photos - especially the lake with the mountain perfectly reflected.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, beautiful fabrics, and beautiful Mtn. view! You are just having too much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!