Monday, September 5, 2022

Monday Muse

My Buhl Bushong quilt is on its way to the VA Quilt Museum for the special exhibit starting 
September 23rd. I will not be able to be there for the reception but have plans to be at the museum sometime around October 20-23. If you are nearby I'd love to meet up! 

Would also love to know any terrific places to see antique quilts or textiles 
in the area or in Washington DC. Email me or leave a comment! Thank you!


If you follow me on Instagram (loridej and Humblequilts) you know we thought we had a pack rat at the machine shop. Nope we had little bag a bones kitty. The morning we caught her a mom and daughter came in to drop off  something, heard the story, and came back to get her for her forever home. The report is she is doing great! The daughter is young, but not too young and just loves "her" kitty so much. 



Elsa and I got out for short hike Saturday morning. It was so quiet and peaceful. Only a few cows mooing.

There was a smoky haze in the distance so no mountains to be seen.
 Elsa was checking out the cows below!!

Have a wonderful week!

 

11 comments:

  1. Was just in Harrisonburg last week
    Darn it. Too early to see your quilt at the museum!

    So glad the kitty found a home
    Rescues are the best!

    So glad the kitty is safe in her new home

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you to have your quilt in this special exhibit!
    What a scared looking little bag of bones. Glad it has a good home now where it can feel love.
    Looks like a great vantage point for Elsa--and you, of course. :) Are there fires near your area?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful quilt accomplishment, and happy for you it will be seen in person by sew many others. Oh, love the kitty, glad it isn't a rat, and so happy that the kitty found a loving forever home! Happy, happy all around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got the museum exhibit marked on my calendar. We usually visit my son & daughter in the DC area in the Fall and I'm planning on stopping by the museum either on the way there or the way back. Very exciting and I'm very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also meant to say that the kitty story was heart warming. I'm so happy that the skinny little kitty had a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I particularly enjoyed the quilts at the Daughters of the American Revolution Museum on one of my visits to Washington DC. Some were displayed in the rooms decorated by individual States, and others in the galleries.
    At the time, it was possible for small groups to request an appointment to see specific types of quilt held in the museum storage. But as an individual UK visitor I was happy with what was only display when I went. (Though I would have liked to join a group had that been possible.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun that your Buhl is on it's way to the museum. I wish I could hop over to see all the Buhl's together!
    Glad the kitty found a good home, she looks so sweet. And I love the picture of Elsa watching over the cows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Buhl Bushong quilt is just beautiful--congrats on the showing! I'm so tempted to get the pattern for this one--I think it's my favorite of all your quilts (except maybe Beyond the Cherry Trees)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt is gorgeous, Lori! I'm so glad that adorable kitty has a new forever home! Jan in MA

    ReplyDelete
  10. Try to arrange for a behind the scenes tour of the collections of Colonial Williamsburg, the Costume-making dept, and the CW Laundry (for all the costumes). I had a special mind-blowing tour of these arranged by an acquaintance who worked in character there. A man was bead by bead, copying a man’s regal embroidered vest from the early 1600s (?). Also check into Yorktown Museum’s collections.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!