Friday, April 28, 2023

Fickle Friday

I was the lucky recipient of a few of these lovely panels!

I've been keeping my eyes open for the Southern Generals for about 1 year for someone who asked me about them. Yay! I finally found her one. Her husband is a Civil War buff and she wanted both (north and south generals) panels. 
I offered these on the facebook group before adding them to the Etsy store. I'm happy to say they all found a home!


I'm not sure if I shared this on my blog, but I found some of this at a quilt store in Montana! It is so old I cannot believe it wasn't marked down. Needless to say I purchased all of it.



Here was a lovely gift of "leftovers" from Laura in Idaho. It is a lot of reproductions! Thanks again!

Two sisters wrote these books. Kay was in my class in Idaho.  She was so kind and gave them to me as a gift. Thank you again Kay! I was saddened to hear her sister is suffering from Alzheimer's. Many of you know I walked that road with my mom. 

Hubby and I went out to see if the hedgehog cactus were blooming. We have had a late winter and thought we may be a tad early. 

This was the only ONE we saw blooming!


It isn't a long hike, but it is a steep one. Not sure I'll go back this year. 


 Next week I'll be sharing some stitching I've been doing! Feels good to be back in my sewing room.


Have an exceptional weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Great Reproduction fabrics and Panels. I'm trying to get into stitch mode. Deadline coming up way too soon. Nice to see flowers, I've been waiting for Spring in the PNW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You find the most amazing panels!
    Of course you bought the entire piece of that Lincoln fabric. :)
    A very nice bundle of reproduction "scrap"--(those are big pieces in my world LOL).
    What a beautiful cactus flower.
    I love that shot of you by the cairn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the Northern Generals for probably 25 years??? I finally made a row quilt for my older son who is a history buff. Glad it went to someone who appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!