Monday, May 15, 2023

A New Old Quilt Project

I'm working on a little "new" project that is a vintage quilt block.

Actually it is 4 little blocks together. 
I used the flour sack I shared the other day as the backing!
It is humble but has some sweet fabric pieces.

Love that cheddar!




I'm doing some simple hand quilting. 

Friday night we went to a local winery for my birthday. This view is killer! They had a local band that plays Beatles. It was a lot of fun.

Then the next morning I was up early and on the road to meet my daughter at a trailhead on the Columbia River. It was forecasted to be about 90 degrees that day so we got an early start. 

Wildflowers are at their peak right now. The main ones are balsom root and lupine. 


Hiking along the rim in a "forest" of flowers and oak trees!


One of the best day hikes I've been on! 
6.4 miles with approx 2000' elevation gain. I took it easy on Sunday!

We stopped for a snack on our way down and my daughter had brought wrapped birthday/mother's day gifts! That was fun and she promised to pack them down too!!

I hope you have a wonderful week!





 

4 comments:

  1. What a great weekend you had! Happy birthday & happy mother's day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful shots of those flowers! Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely hike and mother/daughter picture! Thank you for sharing your outing with us.

    Ceci

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that little vintage new project. :)
    Looks like a grand day out for Mother's Day! You go, girl!!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!