Monday, February 5, 2024

This and That on A Monday

I got my borders added and my corners complete!

I did mess up my corner length but oh well..... Fixed it and once it is quilted it shouldn't be too noticeable.

Am waiting for 10 yards of backing! This is the largest quilt I've ever made. (And ever want to make!) 
My first choice was short so I had to look real quick and make a second choice. My first choice was a cheddar print backing. My second choice is a little sand colored background with a red print.  I hope I like it!

My first blog post about the cousins walk quilt was August 2019! By the time I get it done it will be 5 years. Great quilts cannot be rushed is what I say!

Look! Blue sky and sunshine! 

Elsa and I took advantage of it while we could. It was cold but so pretty.


My adult children are enjoying a week at Disneyworld! I love that they are making so many fun memories together.

Let's have a great week.

 

9 comments:

  1. we've got sun as well....all week too! lovely quilt...yeah i hate to make big quilts like that...got one to baste and not eager to do it but....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori........ If you ever decide to sell your Cousin's Walk pattern can I be put at the top of list..Have searched high and low and cannot find the pattern as it has been discontinued. Love your blog and musings. Terry in So. California

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terry, shoot me off a message to humblequilts@gmail.com

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry the backing you wanted wasn't big enough. This is a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Birds quilt is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is beautiful and worth waiting for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the borders look great! wow - that's a new ride I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! looks amazing, Great Job, Love your Center!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Cousins Walk is awesome! I'm closing in on a finish on a quilt 12 years in the making - 5 years is nothing!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!